Children under the age of eight must be accompanied by someone age 15 years or older.
An unaccompanied child is a passenger between the ages of eight and 14 years old
(inclusive, NO EXCEPTIONS) and may travel unaccompanied if the following conditions
are met in their entirety:
- The unaccompanied child must not transfer from one coach to another.
- The trip must begin and terminate on the same schedule. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Unaccompanied minors must have an Unaccompanied Child Form completed for them. An
Unaccompanied Child Form must be filled in for each direction of travel (round trip
would require two completed forms).
- The child must be met at the destination station by the person specified on the
Unaccompanied Child Form.
- If two or more children between the ages of eight and 14 are traveling together
(without a passenger 15 years of age or older) each child must have a completed
Unaccompanied Child Form.
- Trip must take place during daylight hours only.
- Under no circumstances should any child be bumped on any trip. This also includes
bumping the child onto an overload.
- The destination terminal/agency must be open upon arrival.
- The schedule trip should not exceed five (5) hours in duration.
- The unaccompanied child and the parent/guardian should be at the terminal at least
40 minutes before departure.
- A fee of $5.00 plus tax will be assessed for each child traveling unaccompanied.
All unaccompanied children travel as individuals and will be charged the student
fare. Please note that this also applies when two or more unaccompanied children
travel together. No other discount fares apply.
Review Before You Purchase
Please read and ensure that the child and the parent/guardian understand all guidelines
to ensure a safe and pleasant journey. Parents are asked to read and review the
following guidelines with the child.
The child understands that:
- You are to remain seated at all times (except for use of the washroom) when the
bus is moving.
- You are not to leave the bus without the driver's permission.
- You are to tell the driver immediately if anyone or anything is bothering you or
if you need some help.
- You are to follow all of the driver's instructions when stopping for schedules,
breaks or when the driver must help to load or unload other passengers, baggage
- Once you have arrived, DO NOT get off the bus until all the other passengers have
left. Then, wait for the driver to escort you into the terminal.
The parent understands that:
- You are to confirm that you have arranged for the child to be met on arrival by
the person(s) named on the Unaccompanied Child Form.
- Should the child not be met at the destination, as stated, any Greyhound Canada
employee or agent is authorized to take whatever action they consider necessary
to arrange for the child's custody and the parent agrees to reimburse Greyhound
Canada for any necessary and reasonable costs incurred by them in taking such action.
- You are to certify that the child mentioned on the Unaccompanied Child Form is of
sound health, does not require any medication or have any medical or physical condition
which could create an emergency situation or require special attention.
- You are to certify that your child understands and will follow his/her responsibilities
- You request the unaccompanied carriage of the child.
- You certify that the unaccompanied child is between the ages of eight and 14 (inclusive)
and can produce identification to verify the child's age if requested by Greyhound
Child Safety Seats
Customers are welcome to use child safety seats on Greyhound buses. However, the seat space must be purchased at the discounted child fare. You should ensure that your child seat has been approved for use in a motor vehicle, and is used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
It is your responsibility to secure the child seat to the bus seat with strapping or webbing that is approved by the child seat manufacturer. You are responsible for providing the strapping or the webbing. You should also secure your child in the child seat with a manufacturer-approved lap and/or shoulder belt/harness. Greyhound does not provide lap and/or shoulder belts/harnesses.